Best Maqlouba in Madaba, Jordan

You guys...I just wanna share something that has been on my mind since my Jordan trip. My local tour guide brought us to this restaurant called Hikayet Sitti and tbh they have the best Maqlouba ever. We even requested to go back there twice!

The location on google map is not accurate but it is located at Khaled Ben Al-Walid street. The building has Food Basket sign on it. It is not far from St George's Greek Orthodox Church as well.

I bet you are wondering what Maqlouba really is. It is basically a chicken rice, but unlike Singapore's chicken rice, it is a layered dish of chicken (or meat), rice and veggies. Maqlouba also literally means "upside down" and later from the pictures you can find out why.


Beautiful Maqlouba


While waiting

Hummus and Friends

But first...

Cover it

Yippie

Upside Down

Knock knock

Voilà Maqlouba

The Dining Area


Hikayet Sitti (Food Basket)
Location : Khaled Ben Al-Walid St, Madaba, Jordan
Phone : +962 7 9591 0188
More info : Hikayet Sitti's facebook page

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram