43th Chiang Mai Flower Festival Parade

Chiang Mai is the largest city in northern Thailand and every February the city holds three-day flower festival. This year, the festival started on 1st to 3rd of February 2019. Although Chiang Mai is more famous for its lantern festival, the flower festival is worth seeing too.

My favorite details


The highlight of this flower festival would be the parade. The parade usually takes place on the second day or the Saturday of the event. It starts from Nawarat bridge and stops at Nong Buak Hard Public Park. Therefore, during my trip I chose to stay near the park and you can find more information about this at the bottom of my post. In the mean time, enjoy the shots I captured that day.

The Miss and the little Miss

It was such a bright day

Chinese New Year is celebrated in Chiang Mai too

Miss Tourism Thailand

Sawadeekaaa

Peacock theme

Hot day for her

But she still smiles

The biggest one in the parade

And the details at the back 😍

Girls and boys dancers

Elephant theme

Spot the sleeping buddha

Shine bright like a diamond

This one has Disney feels

Young princess and prince

Just like Disney princesses

It screams pink

Love this look from the front

Aye aye captain!

Elephant is an important animal in Thailand

Rickshaw uncle

Cute!

Even Airasia joined in

My favorite details from different angle

When the Pasadena Rose Parade is too far for you to reach, Chiang Mai Flower Parade will be a good and more affordable option to experience flower parade.



The best hotel to stay: Marigold Lanna Boutique Hotel
Positives:
  • spacious and clean room
  • awesome customer service - I had food poisoning during my stay and they helped me a lot. Provided me with complimentary porridge and ORS powder.
  • walk distance to Nong Buak Hard Park
  • easy to find restaurants
  • free breakfast
Negatives:
  • not close to the mall and supermarket 😂
  • there might not be enough space for parking if all 15 rooms guests drive their own car
  • during the festival the road in front of the hotel is closed for car access, so if you take grab or taxi, u might be dropped at different spot


0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram